Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The day that opened my eyes!!

Well, what an amazing morning ive had! and yes bless being back at work for full internet access! hahaha

Firstly, i just want to put a shout out to my banded friends- well done...we've made it through xmas, and new year, and seen the other side of the new year, feeling great at what next new year will be like for all of us!!

Secondly, i have had an awesome morning, ive been a good girl and booked into all the medical wigwam...ie eyes tested, moles checked, checkup at dentist, pap smear (mmm fun), and a normal medical check up...so i feel really good about getting healthy and making sure all is going well! :)

And then, a very special friend asked me whether i think about pre and post banding in relation to the control of food. Now to be honest, i had never thought about it, until i realised that pre banding, if i got the urge to get chinese, as i had a GREAT tendenancy to do, i would just do it, once that idea was there, very little would stop me, even at lunch times i would close our warehouse just so i could drive to get it, pointless excercise but it proves that food was controlling me...and now, i have had a lightening bolt hit me and wake me up...it no longer controls me!!!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking about chinese the other day but i was like ehhhh its going to be such an effort to eat it, i wont enjoy it as much because i have to chew all the flavour out of what is really very flavourless unhealthy food....so instead chose to go home and cook as i could get better flavours etc through healthier food....soooooooo this brings me to a stark conclusion that no, food doesnt control my thoughts any more, im controlling the food, wow!!! I never thought i would hear those words come out! hahaha

So while i still felt amazed at this i wanted to share it with you all! :)

I hope everyones day is as awesome as mine coz shit, we deserve it! ;)

Love to all

Loving Lanni B

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you got that lightbulb moment! Its pretty amazing to know you have the control!!

SkinnieMinnie said...

YAY for Lani!! That is so freaking awesome :-) I haven't had such a strong lightbulb moment but thinking about it now I definitely don't think about food as much and don't feel like any choice I make is good or bad but better or worse for me and my band. You are kicking fucking ass girl!!
xx